The creation of an online module has been challenging, but educational for me. I have learned an incredible amount about what it takes to plan and create online assessments.
First, learning new tools from the instructor, my peers and researching has shown me possibilities that I was unaware of until now. I have found new ways to use blogger in my classroom. I have used blogger to organize and share information to my students, but now I wish to get my students more involved. Providing students with blogger will allow for them to share, reflect and learn in new ways.
Second, my work with planning objective, activities and assessments has changed the way I look at curriculum. My students will benefit from my improved understanding of how these pieces fit together. I am writing clearer objectives and planning activities that have more meaningful relationships towards my desired outcomes for students.
Lastly, this final project has given me a new respect for online education. An incredible amount of work and planning goes into just one module. To develop an entire coarse would be an omens task. However, if what I have learned is true; the potential of online assessment makes all the hard work worth while.
The final project can be viewed here:
http://wisseronlineassessment.weebly.com
No comments:
Post a Comment